List of things I’m going to do during WINTER BREAK that I haven’t been able to do during the semester!!
I have to make this list, it could be the only thing that will keep me alive during these next few weeks.
1. Read, a lot, probably a lot of the books dad gave me that I never had the chance to read. I’ve been wanting to read more books biographies/memoirs about mental illness and trauma in order to better understand the members at Turning Point and the visitors at TrevorChat.
2. Take baths. I’m positive I’ll be taking a lot of baths. I do that a lot during winter break, it’s sort of a tradition. I’ve already started taking baths actually. I took one today…it was lovely.
3. Cooking. OHHH HELL YESS. After not having a proper meal in over 2 months, meaning a meal with lots of nutritional value that is prepared with care by me, I will MOST DEFINITELY BE TREATING MYSELF TO THE MOST NUTRITIOUS AND DELICIOUS MEALS, SOME OLD FAVORITES, AND SOME NEW EXPERIMENTS INSPIRED BY BAREFOOT CONTESSA OR THE RECIPES I SAVED ON MY GOJEE FOOD APP. I WILL EAT EGGPLANT PARMESAN, EPIC MEAT AND VEGGIE SOUPS THAT I CREATE MYSELF. I WILL EAT QUINOA WITH SRIRACHA. I WILL LEARN HOW TO PREPARE THE KALE FROM EVERYDAY ORGANIC WITHOUT IT TASTING NASTY. OK I’M GETTING A LITTLE CARRIED AWAY.
4. Memorizing Christmas carols. Yes, it’s been my goal for a couple of years to memorize every Christmas carol. I don’t necessarily have to memorize every Christmas SONG, like the shallow shit they sometimes play on the radio my today’s Top 40 artists, but there’s no harm in memorizing the newer ones that I love that are played a lot, like “War Is Over”.
5. Do other Christmas stuff, like possibly making presents, wrapping presents, shopping, looking up Christmas stuff on Pinterest just for fun, decorating the outside house with Claire, decorating dad’s tree, the Nut Cracker, the 2 usual Christmas services, and other awesome traditions that I love…
6. Volunteering. I’m making it a goal to volunteer at least once during break, seeing as I’m already going to be volunteering at the LGBT Center and TrevorChat weekly, and probably increasing my hours for those 2 things. I want to volunteer for SFBFS because I’ve already been to an orientation and I have loved volunteering for them in the past. I just gotta remember to sign up before Christmas so that I can get a spot, it get’s pretty popular during the holidays. Maybe I will make a Christmas meal too, or donate a gift to a child or something.
7. Watching tv with my mother. This is a given. I’m sure I’ll eventually get tired of tv but I will most definitely be hanging out with my mom. She is probably my favorite person to hangout with. And my sister.
8. Exercising. OHH YES. I’m definitely going to get back into exercising. I miss it so goddamn much. I miss zumba, I miss pilates. I miss running…I miss feeling healthy and well… I can’t wait to get back into feeding my body.
9. Doing self-improvement stuff, cause you know…that’s just me. Going to therapy, writing, doing my therapy homework assignments, doing lots of work. I’d also like to do my self-love scrapbook.
10. Listening to records. The more time I have on my hands, the more I tend to listen to records. I dunno why.
11. Do a thorough cleaning of my room.
12. Knock a couple things off my bucketlist.
13. Drinking tea.
14. Other self-care things.
15. Any damn thing I want.
16. Composing. Hopefully recording songs as well.
17. Dying my hair. Sure, why not?
18. Spend quality time with my cats. I might spend some time with my human friends too…depending on how I’m feeling…
I think this about sums it up. I’m really excited about this break! I hope I don’t get depressed!
Y’know… I’ve never actually just put on a record and just sat and listened… I always have to justify in-depth music listening by doing something mindless at the same time… Like cleaning my room or walking to class. But I’ve never just lied around in my room and listened to music for no reason. I’d like to try it.
Pain: I feel it.